Friday, February 10, 2012

Zoey Claire

Okay, 5 weeks later I'm finally ready to re-live her birth! So it wasn't that bad....

The week before I was scheduled to be induced with little Miss Zoey, I went to my 38 week appointment. The morning of I really wasnt feeling well. I was light headed and dizzy. When I got called into the room the nurse took my BP and it was high. Like really high. The Dr sent me over for an ultrasound to do a NST to make sure Zoey was ready just in case I needed to be induced sooner. It took the tech forever to get Zoeys breathing counts but she finally got them. Then I was sent over to L&D to be monitored for my BP. I was there for about an hour and a half and my BP stabilized so they sent me home and told me to make another appt for the next day with my dr. So Thursday afternoon, I went back to the dr and again my BP was high. They had me rest lay down and they took it again. Still high. Was sent for another ultrasound and then back over to L&D. Dr Folkestad came over and talked to us and we agreed to go home and come back on Monday for another appt. I was told to stay off my feet the entire weekend. Monday I went to my appt and he said we were all set for induction that night. He said I would for sure get a call because I was now high risk with my blood pressure. Monday night came and went and NO CALL!! I was so mad! I called my dr and left a message asking what I should do.
About 30 min after that at 8:50am, I got a call from the hospital asking where I was. I told her I never got a call but I could be there in about 30-45 min.
9:45am- I got checked into my room
10:30am- I had my IV placed. She tried to put it in my left forearm and couldnt find the vein. I got really hot and dizzy and threw up. She finally got it placed in my hand. Much better.
11am- Dr Folkestad checked me and I was 4cm dilated.
11:15am- My water was broken and pitocin was started.
1pm- Contractions were very strong! I called for my epidural.
2:30pm- My first epidural was placed and I was 5cm. The epidural did not work at all. I was in tears and in so much pain. I asked for them to redo it.
3:45pm- The second epidural was placed and I got instant relief. I was still at 5cm. The nurse placed an oblong ball between my legs and had me lay on my side. After 15 min she switched me to the other side and I was feeling TONS of pressure but the nurse kinda wrote it off as the epidural still trying to work.
4:30pm- The nurse finally checked me and I was fully dilated. Dr Folkestad came in right at that moment and had me start pushing. I wish he would've let Zoey make her way down a little more but oh well.
5:39pm- A little over an hour of pushing, Miss Zoey Claire made her way into the world at 8lbs1oz and 21 inches long. The longest of my babies. She was absolutely beautiful with a full head of thick dark hair.




We got into our recovery room around 7pm Tuesday night. It went pretty smoothly. Our nurses kept saying I was the easiest patient ever! No pain meds or nothing. We were able to leave Wednesday night around 8pm. I was so excited to go home. I couldnt wait!








No comments:

Post a Comment