Thursday, April 8, 2010

Time is almost running out


Last night, Jeff and I dropped Sienna off at my moms house and he and I went on a tour of the maternity ward at our hospital. Although I did have Sienna at that hospital, I am so glad we did the tour. They had completely remodeled!! I wouldve been so lost! One good thing I found out is that they allow us to bring popsicles to eat while I'm in labor. Hallelulah!!! I wish I wouldve known that last time... The one big bummer about this time is that we dont have the option anymore to send the baby to the nursery. With Sienna, I had her in my room for most of the day and sent her to the nursery at night so I could sleep. Not this time. Now we have to keep him in our room the whole time. Oh well. At least I'm sleeping better at this point than I did when I was pregnant with Sienna. The tour made both of us super excited to see our little man.


This morning I had my 34 week appointment. We had an ultrasound down to measure his weight. He is 5lbs 13oz and is in the 80th percentile which the Dr said is just about right for his gestational age. I still will be induced early cause of my small pelvis. The Dr said that if he induce at 38 weeks, he'll be around 7lbs 10oz and at 39 weeks he'll be around 8lbs 3oz. I like the 7lbs better!!


I cant believe that in just 4 weeks I could be induced!! 4 weeks!! Thats nothing!! I have my 36 week appointment on April 22nd with his nurse practitioner and than the following Tusday I have my 37 week appointment with the Dr. At that appointment he could tell me that he's inducing me the next week! Ah I cannot believe it!
The above picture is from todays appointment. He looks like a little angel :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment